Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was wanting to know with the malaysian inheritance and there

being a tax on the...
I was wanting to know with the malaysian inheritance and there being a tax on the inheritance. Can the individual receiving the inheritance which would be money and some properties get the inheritance and then turn around and pay the taxes on it. Other than that would the individual have to pay the taxes first before receiving the inheritance.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/4/2011
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

According to a web site maintained and run by Malaysian authorities, there is no estate tax and no inheritance tax in Malaysia. Here is a link to that site. The taxes were abolished in 1991. If the estate has income that will be subject to income tax there. It sounds like someone is trying to scam you.

http://www.mymalaysiaparadise.com/Faq.html

CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
What if the estate has income that will be subject to income tax there, can you pay it with the inheritance or do you have to wait until the income tax is paid before you get the inheritance.
You receive the inheritance as a separate amount then file the income tax return and pay the tax with that.
CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA