How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, I have been disabled since 2007 and collect social security

Resolved Question:

hello, I have been disabled since 2007 and collect social security disability. My 401k from my job was transferred into an ira account. My question is, I have available cash sitting in my ira. Because of my disability can I take that money without any taxes or fees charged me?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You would be able to withdraw from the IRA without penalty based upon your disability. However the withdrawal would be included as taxable income
Ellen and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions