Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the most tax friendly and business friendly (cheap

Customer Question
to start and maintain a...
What is the most tax friendly and business friendly (cheap to start and maintain a business) state for logistics, supply chain management, warehousing type of business. Company formed in US by International, e.g. in Delaware, Nevada. Need to hire few employs, rent a warehouse and operate in those fields.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
7/1/2011
Tax Professional: Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney

Wallstreet Esq. :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

Wallstreet Esq. :

If location is not important, States such as Nevada and Wyoming are the best States to run a business, as the State laws are corporation friendly, and both have no States tax.

Wallstreet Esq. :

Seven states (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming) do not tax personal income.

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

What about Delaware please

Wallstreet Esq. :

Deleware is known for it's strong corporate laws, and is a good place to create or incorporate your business, however they have a State income tax, and is not known for it's business friendly climate, compared to the others.

Wallstreet Esq. :

Many US corporations have incorporated in Deleware, and maintain the head office their.

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

the thing is those states you listed are too far from airports i prefer

Wallstreet Esq. :

Where would you ship from?

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

My favorite airpots are: Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Washington

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

actually the only matching I see is Washington

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but cost of business is going to be high there I believe

Wallstreet Esq. :

That is Washington State,

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

oh Washington state

Wallstreet Esq. :

Nevada may be fine as it is close to CA,

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

even worse

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

Yes, from the list you have it's the closest than

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but it's still a way far... 10h to drive

Wallstreet Esq. :

Deleware, actually would be good for you as well,

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

I already have a Delaware company

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

LLC

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but no employs, no operation, nothing yet.

Wallstreet Esq. :

The rents are cheaper than other cities in the mid atlantic

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

I have an EIN and Corporate bank account in NY

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

New York

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

since i'll be hiring ppl and renting warehouse, also getting license of operations etc...

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

I don't want to be in troubles really, this is going to be my first US Company and a real operation

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

that's the reason I do the further research like that

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

In addition with the best location for this kind of business

Wallstreet Esq. :

Around NYC, their are several areas to choose, but rents and costs of business are high

Wallstreet Esq. :

NJ, may be good for you their rents are much lower than NY, and you are near Newark airport

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

you said Delaware is ok

Wallstreet Esq. :

Ye Del, is fine as well it has cheap rent for space and only a few hours from DC, NYC, and Philadelphia

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

200 mil to those Airports are OK to me, so Delaware to Washington D.C. and New York is acceptable

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

ya

Wallstreet Esq. :

yes

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but what's the problem with it than

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

you didn't list it from the beginning

Wallstreet Esq. :

It has a state income tax, unlike the ones listed above

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but it's only $250 or so per year

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

fixed

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

is that the only downside you see?

Wallstreet Esq. :

Delaware's corporate tax structure consists of a flat rate of 8.7% on all corporate income. Among states levying corporate income taxes, Delaware's rate ranks 10th highest. In 2009, state-level corporate tax collections (excluding local taxes) were $237 per capita, ranking 6th highest among states that tax corporate income.

Wallstreet Esq. :

And they have income tax

Wallstreet Esq. :

Deleware is fine, if you want to be near major US cities, and airports and want to save on rent, wages and taxes

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

but i'm an international, does that makes any difference in terms of taxes

JACUSTOMER-pgf1j4xh- :

and is Delaware a friendly to business for operation license requirements

Wallstreet Esq. :

yes, Deleware is fine for International corporations, and for what you are looking for it is better than the other area states

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney