Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I recently moved from NJ to PA(several weeks ago). I lease

Customer Question
I recently moved from NJ...
I recently moved from NJ to PA(several weeks ago). I lease a Ford and pay $324 per month and when I originally leased was told taxes would be taken upfront. Now, I received my monthly bill and $29 + was added as tax (for PA).

am under the impression that PA's taxes are less than NJ's. What's up.

I've called Ford to no avail and dealership only stated it is an "excise tax" for PA???

Please help....I can't stand the run around I am getting.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
7/1/2011
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Unfortunately - that is correct - in additional to 6% sales tax in PA - there is 3% lease tax.
Motor Vehicle Lease Tax: The motor vehicle lease tax is imposed at 3 percent of the total lease price and applies to vehicle leases of 30 days or more.

LEV :

Please see fro reference - http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/public_transportation_assistance___vehicle_rental_tax/14501
Sorry for your situation. Unfortunately there is nothing you may do.
Let me know if you need any clarification.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor