How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zip Taxes Your Own Question
Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 156
Experience:  CTEC Licensed / Mgmt Experience with H & R Block... Self Employed since 1986 Experienced in all Scheds
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Zip Taxes is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a lecture in Italy and was promised an honorarium to

Resolved Question:

I had a lecture in Italy and was promised an honorarium to be wire send to my US bank account.

The Technical University of Milan claims that I need to provide a form/certificate from the IRS confirming that I will pay taxes in the USA on my honorarium. If I do not provide such a certificate, I will pay 30% Italian tax.

How to get such certificate?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Tomasz Arciszewski

George Mason University
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Zip Taxes replied 6 years ago.

Zip Taxes :

Welcome to Just Answers, I will do my best to Answer your Question.

Zip Taxes :

I have to admit, that your question has me stumped but I believe that the 1042-S form can be used to file for the income so you would pay taxes here in the US instead of Milan.

Zip Taxes :

Please view the link and see if this would satisfy the request.

Zip Taxes :

I have never seen a "Certificate" that guarantees a taxpayer in the US that he/she would pay future taxes.

Zip Taxes and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions