Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I had a lecture in Italy and was promised an honorarium to

Customer Question
be wire send to my...
I had a lecture in Italy and was promised an honorarium to be wire send to my US bank account.

The Technical University of Milan claims that I need to provide a form/certificate from the IRS confirming that I will pay taxes in the USA on my honorarium. If I do not provide such a certificate, I will pay 30% Italian tax.

How to get such certificate?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Tomasz Arciszewski

George Mason University
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
6/23/2011
Tax Professional: Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer replied 6 years ago
Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer

Zip Taxes :

Welcome to Just Answers, I will do my best to Answer your Question.

Zip Taxes :

I have to admit, that your question has me stumped but I believe that the 1042-S form can be used to file for the income so you would pay taxes here in the US instead of Milan.

Zip Taxes :

Please view the link and see if this would satisfy the request.

Zip Taxes :

I have never seen a "Certificate" that guarantees a taxpayer in the US that he/she would pay future taxes.

Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer
Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer