Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filled my taxes using turbo tax and then got a bill for not

Customer Question
paying enough taxes plus int...
I filled my taxes using turbo tax and then got a bill for not paying enough taxes plus int and fine. what did i do wrong on my report George E. XXXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXX. XXXXXXXXXXXX, XX XXXXXX [email protected] XXX XXX XXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
6/3/2011
Tax Professional: CGCPA, CPA replied 6 years ago
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

There are a number of possibilities here:

Even though you submitted your returns if you owed in excess of $1,000 with the return you could have been penalized for not paying in sufficient taxes during the year.

You could have missed an income item or two thereby creating additional taxes. The IRS would have corrected this and sent a billing.

You could have included all income but entered one or more items incorrectly. This could generate additional billing.

You could have lumped Social Security and Medicare taxes with Federal withholding. These are not to be included there and would have generated an additional billing.

Please start by checking these items to see that all items have been correctly addressed. If they were, please return to me and we will be able to proceed from that point. Also, please let me know the reason the IRS is stating for the billing. They are usually quite clear about this. After all, it is possible they are wrong.

I know I made a mistake. but where? I found the mistake before I got your answer Please cancel my just answer program. You were no help!!!

George Gardner
I am happy you found the error. I have forwarded your request to those who handle such matters.
CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA