Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia

Customer Question
income tax return? I did...
What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia income tax return? I did not claim "part resident" on my original tax return which would have resulted in a refund. I have the supporting financial documentation. I worked/relocated to Texas 1/3 of that year and also had income taxes for PA on one of my W-2's.  However the W-2 is incorrect because they did not take out GA taxes they took out PA taxes and did not change the state election per my request which was prior to the issuance of the W-2
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
6/3/2011
Tax Professional: Jax Tax, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
You need to file a 500x with sch 1-3 for part year resident. The form is here.https://etax.dor.ga.gov/inctax/2010_forms/TSD_Amended__Indivdual_Tax_Return_500X-2010.pdf Feel free to comment after acceptance.
Ok the 500x form instructions indicate to submit the part resident state along with the amended return but Texas does not have an income tax.
Just send a letter indicating such.
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Jax Tax
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney