How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family member who owes 4 years of unfiled back taxes.

Customer Question

I have a family member who owes 4 years of unfiled back taxes. No idea how much is owed. There has been chemical dependency, rehab, unemployment, inability to find any tax documents due to living in a haze, has lost everything (which was a good living, home, jobs) etc. Now, he wants to move on and get back on his feet, he has to start by updating his taxes, he is scared to do this and does not know how to go about this, especially without money. Where do we go for help? Are there any non=profit organizations to help him? We live in Washington State. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 6 years ago.

Jax Tax : There are two local free sources. Low income taxpayer clinic and Taxpayer Advocate Service. Both contact information can be found at I hope this helps.

already surfed irs. gov. have not seen low income taxpayer clinic? Do they have brick and mortar? real people?


r u there? is my session over? what do i do now?

Jax Tax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 6 years ago.,,id=106991,00.html