Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

how do i find out if i have to pay taxes in an inhertance

6/2/2011
Ellen, Tax Attorney

Thank you for your question. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

New Mexico does not have an inheritance or estate tax. However an inheritance is included in a taxpayer's gross income
Ellen, Tax Attorney

where and whendo i report inhertance this year or do i what till next year when i do my taxes

You will need to report the inheritance on your New Mexico income tax statement for the year in which the inheritance is received
Ellen, Tax Attorney