How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2421
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need help.My name Iluminado Isles Tunay Jr ss number XXXXXXXXX

Customer Question

need help.My name Iluminado Isles Tunay Jr ss number XXXXXXXXX myhome add.3301 duck ave unit b key west ,fl 3340.regarding federal tax lien reported to equifac credit beuaro.I just call irs this morning and they told me that Im clean no tax lien.If you could hepl me to said me a letter that I dnt have fed tax lien.coz I need it to show to the bank for the email [email protected] dont have internal revenue office here in Key west.please help..
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer. I understand that you are looking for a quick answer, but by and large, these things take some time.

I see that you have already taken the first step, which was to contact the IRS and ask for a letter stating that there is no tax lien under your SS#. One way to make this process faster would be to see if they will fax the letter (but with all of the privacy laws, this may be difficult, but I would find out under what circumstances they will fax/email/send overnight postage, etc) After you receive this letter, submit a request for your credit report with each of the major credit-reporting agencies: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. As you scan your report, make sure your tax lien status has changed from "unpaid" to "paid." If it is still marked as "unpaid," call the agency to dispute it.

When you contact your credit-reporting agency you should submit a letter of request asking for the tax lien to be removed. You should enclose your certificate from the IRS that shows you have no tax lien against you. (One thing you should know, if this was recorded as a tax lien, and it now shows that you paid it off, that lien can stay on your credit record for up to 7 years. It is up to you, as the consumer, to clean up your credit report) You will have to be vigilant, and depending on the time constraints, this could be the beginning of a frustrating journey, constant phone calls, etc, but if you keep the end goal in mind, and keep pushing, you should be able to clear your credit report within a reasonable length of time, hopefully in time to get your loan.

I would let the loan officer know what the IRS has no record of a tax lien. Its possible that you can sign a limited POA Form 2848 (Rev. June 2008) which would allow the loan officer to make requests re: the tax lien from the IRS themselves on your behalf which may also help move the process along.

I hope this helps.