Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

need help.My name Iluminado Isles Tunay Jr ss number XXXXXXXXX

Customer Question
myhome add.3301 duck ave unit...
need help.My name Iluminado Isles Tunay Jr ss number XXXXXXXXX myhome add.3301 duck ave unit b key west ,fl 3340.regarding federal tax lien reported to equifac credit beuaro.I just call irs this morning and they told me that Im clean no tax lien.If you could hepl me to said me a letter that I dnt have fed tax lien.coz I need it to show to the bank for the loan.my email [email protected] dont have internal revenue office here in Key west.please help..
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2011
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 6 years ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Hi

Thank you for using justanswer. I understand that you are looking for a quick answer, but by and large, these things take some time.

I see that you have already taken the first step, which was to contact the IRS and ask for a letter stating that there is no tax lien under your SS#. One way to make this process faster would be to see if they will fax the letter (but with all of the privacy laws, this may be difficult, but I would find out under what circumstances they will fax/email/send overnight postage, etc) After you receive this letter, submit a request for your credit report with each of the major credit-reporting agencies: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. As you scan your report, make sure your tax lien status has changed from "unpaid" to "paid." If it is still marked as "unpaid," call the agency to dispute it.

When you contact your credit-reporting agency you should submit a letter of request asking for the tax lien to be removed. You should enclose your certificate from the IRS that shows you have no tax lien against you. (One thing you should know, if this was recorded as a tax lien, and it now shows that you paid it off, that lien can stay on your credit record for up to 7 years. It is up to you, as the consumer, to clean up your credit report) You will have to be vigilant, and depending on the time constraints, this could be the beginning of a frustrating journey, constant phone calls, etc, but if you keep the end goal in mind, and keep pushing, you should be able to clear your credit report within a reasonable length of time, hopefully in time to get your loan.

I would let the loan officer know what the IRS has no record of a tax lien. Its possible that you can sign a limited POA Form 2848 (Rev. June 2008) which would allow the loan officer to make requests re: the tax lien from the IRS themselves on your behalf which may also help move the process along.

I hope this helps.

Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer