How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55147
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am planning on starting a new (small) business in Florida.

Resolved Question:

I am planning on starting a new (small) business in Florida. would it be advantageous to incorporate as an S-Corporation?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. Yes! Either incorporate as an S Corp or form a limited liability company. Either way, they both are taxed as flow-through entities so you won't be taxed twice, and most importantly they provide limited liability, so that if the new entity doesn't make it, your creditors can only look to the assets of the entity and cannot pursue your other assets.



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.


Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Excellent - thank you. In addition to the business, I plan to do some unrelated consulting work which I would like to keep entierly separate from the business. Are there any tax advantages to incorporating a holding company with two subsidiaries (one for each business), or just incorporating two individual companies?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

You're welcome. You can just form two separate entities. Because you are going to be the sole-owner, you can treat these for tax purposes as disregarded entities and they won't have to file their own tax can simply report the operations of these entities on Schedule C.



Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions