Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have failed to file my 2010 income tax forms Due to not receiving

Customer Question
my 1099's. I do not...
I have failed to file my 2010 income tax forms Due to not receiving my 1099's. I do not know why I did no receive them.

WhatI do now?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
5/3/2011
Tax Professional: Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney

Wallstreet Esq. :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Wallstreet Esq. :

You need either to file for an extension at this time or file a new 2010 return and explain in a letter that you did not file your tax return due to you not receiving your 1099 forms.

Wallstreet Esq. :

If you do not have the 1099 forms at this time call the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor help in getting this information.

But you don't necessarily have to wait for the statements to file your return. You generally don't have to send in the actual 1099 forms with your return. They are just issued so you'll know how much to report, with copies going to the IRS so return processors can double-check your entries. As long as you have the correct information, you can put it on your tax form without having the statement in hand.

Customer:

How do I file for an extension?

Wallstreet Esq. :

you must file Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return by the due date for filing your calendar year return (usually April 15) or fiscal year return. This form is also available en español.

Wallstreet Esq. :

click the link above it will take you directly to the form

Wallstreet Esq. :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask

Wallstreet Esq. :

If satisfied please press the accept button so we can receive credit.

Wallstreet Esq. :

id="JA_chatMessage_16" class="JA_chatMessage JA_persAActive">

4:50 PM

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney