How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29770
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I own our own business (S-Corp). We work out

This answer was rated:

My husband and I own our own business (S-Corp). We work out of our home and are going to hire someone to watch our children part-time so that we can work. Can our company hire the person to watch our children in our home? And can the company take a tax deduction for this expense? Is there a better way for us to handle this to maximize tax benefits?


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Your S-corporation may hire someone to watch your children and pay all required employment taxes.
However these expenses are not considered business expenses because they are not related to your business - but rather your personal expenses.

Benefits of using your S-corporation – that all employment taxes are handled together with minimal overhead. But there is no tax saving for providing payments via the S-corporation.
Your S-corporation should treat all expenses for having someone watching your children as your wages and in additional should report them on your W2 forms. Your wages are deductible for the S-corporation.
You will be able to deduct child care expenses on your own tax return - on the form 2441 -

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you