Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

can a canadian cousin gift money to a american cousin

5/3/2011
socrateaser, Lawyer
Yes, however, the U.S. recipient must file IRS Form 3520 if the gift is more than $100,000 USD. See Form 3520 instructions.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer