Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my 2009 state and federal tax online using turbo tax.

Customer Question
I am now applying for...
I filed my 2009 state and federal tax online using turbo tax. I am now applying for a
home equity loan and the mortage company will not accept the return from the IRS.
How can I get a copy of my 2009 turbo tax that I filed. I did not keep a hard copy
because my printer was not operating at the time. I have been unable to get any
assistance from the turbo tax website. Any help you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.
David Farrior [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
5/3/2011
Tax Professional: Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent replied 6 years ago
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent

It is odd that your mortgage company will not accept a copy of a return that you requested from the IRS, as this shows what you actually filed vs. a return printed from Turbo tax could just show any numbers that you put in, accurate or not....

There is a page on the TT website giving info on how to get 2009 or earlier returns, :

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Copy-of-Return--current-year-/Access-2009-or-Earlier-Tax-Returns/GEN12469.html

Unfortunately though, if you filed with their online program, they do not store 2009 returns, and direct you to get a copy from the IRS.

If you have just gotten a transcript of a return from the IRS and not the actual return, this may be why the mort. company will not accept it. You may need to pay for the actual copy of the return the IRS received. Also, you could also get a transcript of W2 and 1099 income, which would show the income that you actually earned in 2009, and is generally most accurate for income reporting (unless you have your own business and are not paid through a 1099 issuer).

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent