How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marvin,EA Your Own Question
Marvin,EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1672
Experience:  Enrolled to Represent Taxpayers Before The IRS
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Marvin,EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mininster is the Pastor of our church, however he receives

Resolved Question:

My mininster is the Pastor of our church, however he receives no compensation. He works full time elsewhere and currently we are unable to pay a salary. Can he claim mileage to and from church, as well as miles to visit members who require counselling, sick, etc.
If the miles are considered a charitable donation and the costs exceeds $500, where would I report the miles on his return.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Marvin,EA replied 6 years ago.

Marvin,EA :

Hello and thanks you for using Just Answer. Ministers who receive no compensation for services are are only allowed to deduct out-of-pocket business expenses as charitable contributions. His expenses will be reported on Sch. A, charitable contributions as a cash contribution.

Marvin,EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you