Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Who in the IRS can I call for a gift tax question the transfer

Customer Question
of securities?...
Who in the IRS can I call for a gift tax question the transfer of securities?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
5/2/2011
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
There is no separate contact number for gift tax issues.
Call customer support line 1-800-829-1040.
If you need to resolve a tax problem, have questions about how the tax law applies to your individual tax return, or you're more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, visit your local Taxpayer Assistance Center where you can spread out your records and talk with an IRS representative across the counter. No appointment is necessary - just walk in.
Here are locations and contact phones in your state - http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98343,00.html

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor