Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

This is a tax question. My son had a summer job where he made

1750 dollars. does he have...
This is a tax question. My son had a summer job where he made 1750 dollars. does he have to file a tax return. I hope not. ah oh.
5/2/2011
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Assuming your son is your dependent and had only income from wages - he is not required to file the tax return for 2010 if his wages were less than $5700.
He MAY file if there were some income tax withholding and if he want to claim a refund.
Let me know if you need any help.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

That's great, he is a dependent and doesn't need to. I always apprecate a quick answer. Thanks

LEV :

Just in case there are some income tax withholding - use the form 1040EZ to claim a refund for your son - www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ez.pdf

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor