How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an LLC in WA which was closed EOY 2010. A job was paid

Customer Question

I had an LLC in WA which was closed EOY 2010. A job was paid in full directly to my company.
I bid $X for my work, but the paycheck was for $X + additional, for other things the business wanted to do.
The owners asked me to pay myself and transfer the remaining amount to their checking account, which I did. It was for $2733.

The question is this: Since the paying company sent me a W2 for the total amount, how can I rectify my taxes to show that I transferred that remaining amount ($2733) to the business owner's checking account that I worked for and didn't receive it as income?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
When you make a payment $2733 - we need properly classify that payments.
If that was a repayment of your wages - and that repayment was made in the same year - your employer should exclude that amount from W2 forms. If that was not done - you need to contact your employer and ask to correct W2 form.
If that was a payment for your job related expenses - you need to be clear what are those expenses - and you will deduct the payment on the form 2106 -
Let me know if you need any help or clarification.