How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie B. Your Own Question
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B., Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 556
Experience:  MTax, EA, QuickBooks Proadvisor. Over 15 years accounting and tax experience specializing in individual and small business.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephanie B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does my ex-wife have to report the child support I send

This answer was rated:

How does my ex-wife have to report the child support I send her each month when she files her annual tax returns.

Stephanie B. :

Child support is not taxable income to your ex-wife and not a deduction to you on your income tax return.

Stephanie B. :

So, your ex-wife does not need to report it on her tax return.

Stephanie B. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you