Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Today our refund was deposited into our bank account. It is

Customer Question
considerably more than filed for...
Today our refund was deposited into our bank account. It is considerably more than filed for. Can I get an explanation for this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2011
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

LEV :

Most likely you made calculation errors and the IRS corrected them. While it is rare but still possible that teh IRS made a mistake - so do not spend the difference before you clarify all information. You will receive a letter with explanations in one-two weeks. You may call IRS support line and ask for explanations. 1-800-829-1040 - be prepared to be on hold for some time. If it is mor econvinuent for you - you may visit your local IRS office - no appointmnet needed - and clarify the reason of teh difference - http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98284,00.html

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor