How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Today our refund was deposited into our bank account. It is

Customer Question

Today our refund was deposited into our bank account. It is considerably more than filed for. Can I get an explanation for this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!


Most likely you made calculation errors and the IRS corrected them. While it is rare but still possible that teh IRS made a mistake - so do not spend the difference before you clarify all information. You will receive a letter with explanations in one-two weeks. You may call IRS support line and ask for explanations. 1-800-829-1040 - be prepared to be on hold for some time. If it is mor econvinuent for you - you may visit your local IRS office - no appointmnet needed - and clarify the reason of teh difference -,,id=98284,00.html