Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

my federal was rejected (1132) schedule-M ECONOMIC RECOVERY

Customer Question
my federal was rejected...
my federal was rejected (1132) schedule-M ECONOMIC RECOVERY PAYMENT
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2011
Tax Professional: RLWEA, Accountant replied 6 years ago
RLWEA
RLWEA, Accountant

RLWEA :

RLWEA :

I did some research on your problem and this is what I found:

RLWEA : Help Topic: Schedule M - IRS Reject 1132

Topic: Schedule M - IRS Reject 1132

Schedule M - Economic Recovery Payments Received does not match the IRS records.

If you do not recall if you received the payment, please contact your respective agency below to verify before resubmitting the return claiming the Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credits. If you contact the agency and a discrepancy did occur, then the agency must provide you a letter confirming the discrepancy. You should not claim the Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credit when filing your return, instead, you will need to first file your return, once accepted, you will need to file an amended return and you must attach a copy of the agency letter confirming the discrepancy.

- Social Security Administration: Toll-free number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN General ERP inquiries can be answered by the SSA Web site: http://www.ssa.gov/recovery/.
- Veterans Administration: Toll-free number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN General ERP inquiries can be answered by going to the VA Web site: http://www4.va.gov/recovery/.
- Railroad Retirement Board: Go to the RRB Web site at http://www.rrb.gov/recovery/ for more details.

RLWEA :

I believe this will assist you in getting the Schedule M approved. The IRS is very sticky on these points. I know this should be simpler, but what is simple when dealing withe IRS?

RLWEA :

If I can be of further assistance and or clarification, please let me know.

RLWEA :

Sir., do you have any additional questions?

Customer:

what do i need t do

RLWEA :

Did you recall if you received the payment?

Customer:

yes

RLWEA :

Are you single or marriied?

RLWEA :

oops..sorry about the spelling...

Customer:

married

RLWEA :

Normally single received $250, and married $500. I would call the Social Security Administration and ask them the exact amount you received, and a letter documenting that fact. Ask if they can e-mail the letter to you as time is of the essence. If necessary, yyou may file for an automatic 6 month extension, and when you receive this information, complete your return.

RLWEA :

Did this answer your question?

RLWEA
RLWEA, Accountant
RLWEA
RLWEA
RLWEA, Accountant