How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15178
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NH has a property transfer tax when you purchase and/or sell

Resolved Question:

NH has a property transfer tax when you purchase and/or sell RE property. I'm using Turbo Tax and at a loss as to which catagory to claim the expense? please help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

Robin D :

Payments for the following items generally are not deductible as real estate taxes.

  • Taxes for local benefits.

  • Itemized charges for services (such as trash and garbage pickup fees).

  • Transfer taxes (or stamp taxes).

  • Rent increases due to higher real estate taxes.

  • Homeowners' association charges.

Robin D :

You cannot claim the transfer tax as a deduction.

Robin D :

Did you have a follow up question about this subject?

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you