How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello im Miguel, I did my taxes on March 2nd. The form

This answer was rated:

Hello i'm Miguel, I did my taxes on March 2nd. The form from my employer gave me W-2. My tax maker switched it to form 1040. I have done my taxes for more than 13 years the same way with the form W-2. I never had a problem with my refund, except this year. This is what's going on, before this year, i had done my taxes with another person, but she started to charge me too much and i opted to go to a community service place to help me get them done. It's been 4 weeks, and i haven't recieved my refund. they told me how long it would take to come, yet it hasn't came. I returned witht them to ask what was going on because the years before, it took about 2 weeks at most to transfer in my bank account. They told me that for some reason, the IRS had detained them. I asked what's the reason and they said they couldn't obtain any information. I have all the papers they gave me. What can I do to verify if there's really a problem. Thank-you.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Hi Miguel,

To verify exactly what is going on you can go to the IRS web site In the search box type where is my refund, then click enter. The system will take you to a refund tracer. You will be asked some personal information and then given the information you are seeking. You will need to know your Social Security number and have your return with you for this. The system is set up to protect your private information from others. If the system returns with a message that you need additional help with, please come back to me and we will proceed further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually I make my taxes with and Itin Number, not with a Social Security. Even though can i still check where my refund is?
Yes, you can. They function the same way in the system at IRS.
CGCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you