How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I file on my federal tax form the information on a K-1 limited

Customer Question

Do I file on my federal tax form the information on a K-1 limited partnership that is in an IRA?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 6 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:


If the investment is within an IRA it is not included on your personal income tax return.

MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought there was a stipulation that it would have to be reported if the income was more that $1000.00
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 6 years ago.

Actually if there is Unrelated Business Taxable Income (UBTI), the IRA is required to file a Form 990 and pay the tax. I have provided links to the form and instructions.