Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer
Experience:  CTEC Licensed / Mgmt Experience with H & R Block... Self Employed since 1986 Experienced in all Scheds
55051512

My son received a letter from the SCAdmin.

My son received a letter from the SCAdmin. concerning his previous employers filing with them what he had earned last year. they wanted to know if there were any mistakes in what they filed. The SC number was wrong, and we returned to them the corrected info they wanted. Our question is now we have a W-2 with the wrong Social Security number on it, and we need to file his taxes so he can get his return. What do we do? Our e-mail [email protected] His name isXXXXX

Zip Taxes :

Thank you having the trust to answer your question. I will do my utmost best to make sure that your question is answered in a timely manner.

Zip Taxes :

Just so you know, you email does not show in order to respond.

Zip Taxes :

The best way is to get the W 2 Corrected by the Employer. They are obligated to do so to insure proper credit for Social Security / Disability and so forth.

Zip Taxes :

If they do not respond, be sure to enter the W2 as it states but correct the social the # XXXXX mark "corrected"

Zip Taxes :

If you have a tax preparer, they know what to do, but if you do it on your own you can report it correctly while you correct the employer

Zip Taxes :

Do not change the w 2 document yourself, just be sure to put the correct numbers on the return.

Zip Taxes :

As for Florida, no State Tax there, just Federal