How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7122
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a Uniform gift to minor account (a custodial account in

Resolved Question:

Can a Uniform gift to minor account (a custodial account in the minor' SSN), be transferred to a Pa 529 account without tax free?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 years ago.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

There's no tax on withdrawals from a Uniform gift to minor's act as long as the income has been reported to him/her along the way; of course it is possible that no tax return had to be filed if the minor had insufficient income in any particular tax year. So, that said, there's no problem funding a 529 account with those funds.


Thank you.

Stephen G. and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you