How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, if I make $100,000.00 per year, how much tax do I have

Customer Question

Hello, if I make $100,000.00 per year, how much tax do I have to pay the federal government at tax time. I will filing as single.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


Given just the information you have provided your Federal tax obligation will be $19,098. This is determined by taking the $100,000 income and subtracting the standard deduction of $5,700 and the exemption for yourself of $3,650 leaving a taxable income of $90,650. The tax chart for a single person shows a tax on this of $19,098. If there are other income factors, student loan deductions or any of a host of other items not mentioned they will change the results.

Related Tax Questions