How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55278
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good evening, I have one final question before I fill out

This answer was rated:

Good evening,

I have one final question before I fill out my son's financial aid form for federal assistance. As I had mentioned, my sons' father and I had a local, private attorney write up a brief, child support agreement about ten years ago (when I was purchasing my house). Anyhow, the agreement states that my sons' father would pay me $150/week in child support. Well, my older son was 18 years old last year in 2010 so child support is not an issue in his case. However, I will be declaring child support on the financial aid form for my sixteen year old son in 2010. My question is: do I declare the amount of child support agreed on in 2000 for my sixteen year old son on the form ($75/week) or the amount that his father currently pays me (which is only about $15 more)?

Hey only what is referenced in the agreement; the rest is simply a gift and need not be reported. :)



I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.


Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's what I thought. Thank you as always:)
My pleasure! Have a nice evening!
Richard and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you