Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does Wisconsin have a gift tax We are relocating to another

Customer Question
Does Wisconsin have a gift...
Does Wisconsin have a gift tax? We are relocating to another state in anticipation of retiring and are giving our home to our son.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2011
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good afternoon. No, there is not a gift tax that would be incurred in Wisconsin. You can go the Wisconsin Department of Revenue website ... http://www.revenue.wi.gov/pubs/pb106.pdf ... to confirm this.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney