How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i get my last pay stub online

Customer Question

<p>how can i get my last pay stub online?</p><p>I have worked for gamestop for the past year and they have not sent my w2. they have a website to retrieve it that won't let me log in and they only sent pay stubs up to september of last year. </p><p>I have tried to file for an extension on my taxes but without the necessary information it is impossible and i leave for basic training tonight and will be gone until may. i need a back door way to get my last paystub as payroll won't answer their phone and hasn't returned my messages since February 15th.</p>
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wallstreet Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Wallstreet Esq. :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Wallstreet Esq. :

You need to contact the IRS and they will force the employer to send it to you, contact the IRS (1-800-829-1040). Be prepared to offer them the following information of the name and address of your employer, along with your name, address and social security number.

You are still required to file your return on time even if you do not receive a W-2. Attach Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement with your return. Any refund due you will be delayed until the information you provided is verified by the IRS and your employer.

Should you receive a W-2C (Corrected Copy of W-2) and you have already filed your return, you will need to file an amended return 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

Wallstreet Esq. :

You will need to estimate the amount of salary and taxes paid by going through your last pay stub, and then file your return.