How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a trust that closed last year and was distributed between

This answer was rated:

I have a trust that closed last year and was distributed between me any my sisters. The trustee has confirmed the accountant said the distribution was not taxable, and would be sending K1 forms soon. K1 forms have not shown up yet. Since the distribution is not taxable, could I just go ahead and file my taxes without the K1 form?


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

The schedule K-1 should be provided on or before the Form 1041 is due (which is (March 7, 2011)

As long as you do not expect any additional TAXABLE income - I do not see any issues if you just go ahead and file your tax return.

If for any case you will get a schedule K-1 - and it will report either additional taxable income and/or deductions the trust passes on beneficiaries - you will be able to amend your tax return and claim those.

Let me know if you need any help or clarification.



Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you