How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29573
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to file a 1099 MISC if I pay trustee fees from a

Resolved Question:

Do I have to file a 1099 MISC if I pay trustee fees from a trust?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!


The trust does not need to issue the form 1099-misc to report trustee fees. Please see discussion here -


As long as the trustee isn’t in the business of being a trustee, trustee fees are reported as "Other Income" on the line number 21 on Form 1040.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you