How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

which witholdings do i add in order to see if my employer took

Customer Question

which witholdings do i add in order to see if my employer took out the right amount of federal taxes
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wendy Reed replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.


Hello there,


Can you give me a little more information about what you are trying to figure out?

Sometimes a W2 doesn't have all the information necessary to figure out why an amount in Box 1 (federal wages) may differ from your paycheck amount. If you give me the #s on your 2 and your last paycheck (YTD deductions) I can assist you. Also, can you tell me what you claimed on your W4---(ex. single 0, married 0, etc)

Edited by Wendy Rieger on 2/2/2011 at 3:43 PM EST