How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wendy Reed Your Own Question
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3346
Experience:  15+ years tax preparation and tax advice.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wendy Reed is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i made 43,000.00 with one dependent no extra expenses and they

Resolved Question:

i made 43,000.00 with one dependent no extra expenses and they took away from federal around 4,000.00 wthat form is recomended just basic or the long form to be able to receive a refund or there is no refund for me
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Wendy Reed replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.



If you don't itemize (probably not if you don't have a house or a lot of employee business expenses) then you will need to use Form 1040A.


If you qualify as head of household, and your child is under 17 years of age, your estimated refund would be $1902.


Please let me know if you need more information.

Wendy Reed and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you