How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In regards to the previous question, since I switched the tax

Resolved Question:

In regards XXXXX XXXXX previous question, since I switched the tax structure on April 1 2010: do I need to file a corp return for April - Dec, and a sole proprietor with schedule C for Jan - Mar? Also, should I split the W2's for employees (myself included) between the old tax ID and the new ID? Or can it just be totaled for the year under the new corp ID? Thanks.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  jgordosea replied 6 years ago.



You will have to include the income and expenses prior to incorporation on your Schedule C similar to how it had previously been included for the full year.


The corporation will file a short year return beginning on the active date to the end of the year (such as 4/1-12/31/2010).


There must be two sets of W-2 and W-3 for the separate entities. Base the split on which entity was operating when the wages were earned.

You can not total the wages and just report it all under the corporation.


Please ask if you need clarification.

Best wishes.

jgordosea and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you