How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 99403
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a Canadian Corporation who pays US contractors need to

Customer Question

Does a Canadian Corporation who pays US contractors need to file a 1099?

We are an online advertising network and we pay commission to other sites who are part of our network and run advertisements. Most of these sites are owned by individuals located in the US.

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Debra replied 6 years ago.
A Canadian Corporation does not have to provide US tax forms nor can you.

If these are independent conractors then it's their responsibility to deal with their own forms and taxes.

I hope that clarifies things.