How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just gotten my efin. Would it be legal to complete itemized

This answer was rated:

I have just gotten my efin. Would it be legal to complete itemized returns for clients and not efile until Feb 14th. Or would you recommend preparing and sending on that date. Im just trying to geta small jump on tax prep before the 14th.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


With your clients' consent you can do as you ask. Without their consent you cannot. Also, do not invoice for your services in advance although you can request a "deposit". Please remember to get your PTIN up to date or efiles will be rejected. Additionally, NY does not permit you to charge for efiling.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I thought it was best to wait until Feb 14th. No charge for NY or FED efile correct?


This is my understanding as well

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Any way you can give me an idea of fees charged for an itemized return, sch A, Mort Int, RE taxes couple items on a 2106 and the NYS return.

I am in Binghamton, NY and my location may have differing fees than yours. I also work quickly having been at this for over 40 years. I charge by the hour and my rate is $250 per hour. I just completed a simple return for a friend who was called up for active duty a bit over a year ago. Because of his situation I charged only $125 - normally would be about $200.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

itemized would be?


sch E 2 properties


sch C


just curious

About $500 depending on the condition of the clients records. Less complete = a higher fee.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is that a quote for all of the above


CGCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you