Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Its time to prepare my taxes, I havent filed in a while,

It's time to prepare my taxes, I haven't filed in a while, what I would like to know is how do I file, I collect Social Security Disability, and I own my home and pay property taxes, I own a two family home, and last year, I collected 4500 in rent, how do I file?, If nessasary can I talk to someone on the phone?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Unfortunately, you can't talk to someone on the phone.

Stephen E. Grizey :

If you don't have any other income besides what you listed, it is unlikely that you have to file a return at all.

Stephen E. Grizey :

How much is your social security disability?

Stephen E. Grizey :

How old are you?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you married or single?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Male or Female?

Customer :

My total social security disability is about 1, 030 including what s taken out for medicare, I'm 57 the 10th of this month, and I am male

Customer :

Lastly, I simply want to know, you seem to be saying, I don't have to file a return at all, will accept as soon as I get this answer

Stephen E. Grizey :

You do not have to file. I was trying to determine if you had any income other than the rent & the disability & your age & whether or not you are married would affect that. You answered enough of those questions so that I can be sure in telling you there's no need to file & since you don't have any "earned" income (like on a W2) you don't qualify for the refundable Earned Income Credit.

Stephen E. Grizey :

So you should be all set now. Thanks for using our service.