Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Own a Corporation- S- Corp- bought equipement from an indivual

Customer Question

Own a Corporation- S- Corp- bought equipement from an indivual and make monthly payments. Do I give them a 1099 for payments made to them for 2010?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 6 years ago.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

No. I presume that they aren't in the business of selling equipment and basically it was a casual sale of personal property for them. Also, as I'm sure you know, you can write off the cost in 2010 using the "Section 179" deduction.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to "Accept", it is the only way we get credit for our work. Feedback, if you have time, and bonuses, where you think they are warranted, are always most appreciated.