Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is a employer provided housing dtaxable

Customer Question
Is a employer provided housing dtaxable
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2011
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

LEV :

Housing assistance provided by an employer is considered as fridge benefit and included into wages of an employee. There are some exemptions however...

LEV :

The value of lodging is not included into income if the lodging is furnished for the employer’s convenience, on the employer’s premises, and as a condition of employment.

LEV :

For reference - see page 16 in this publication - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15b.pdf

LEV :

Any fringe benefit provided by the employer is generally taxable and must be included in the recipient’s pay unless the law specifically excludes it.

LEV :

Please let me know if you need any help or clarification.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor