Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

what does code E 10 in box 14 of my W-2 mean

Customer Question
?...
what does code E 10 in box 14 of my W-2 mean ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
1/28/2011
Tax Professional: Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent replied 6 years ago
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.

Hello there,

There are no "standard" codes for box 14, because it is an optional additional information box. Code E in box 12 would mean contributions to a 403B deferred compensation plan.

There are many things that E 10 may stand for--employer reimbursement, state disability, special military pay designation, etc.

You may need to ask your employer for the exact meaning of the code.

Here is a summary of Box 14 and a rehash of what I told you:

http://www.taxslayer.com/support/article.php?id=140

Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent