How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been paid IHSS payments as a Provider for my disabled

This answer was rated:

I have been paid IHSS payments as a Provider for my disabled sons.
Where is this on my tax return?
is it 1099 or w2
will the state send me a statement?

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


The statement will be sending you a statement for tax reporting purposes. You should receive it in the next few weeks. Which form they send you will determine the tax treatment you will need to follow. If you are sent a W-2. the state considers you there employee. The income and withholdings get recorded directly on the form 1040. However, if they send you a 1099 you are considered an independent contractor and the income gets reported on Federal form 1040 Schedule C. There you will be able to deduct expenses incurred in producing the income. The net income/loss gets transferred to form 1040 and form 1040 Schedule SE as noted on Schedule C.


Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

CGCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you