How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JKCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5884
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
JKCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To file federal and state returns for previous years do I use

Resolved Question:

To file federal and state returns for previous years do I use tax tables for the year I'm filing? For example, if I'm filing a return for 2001, do I use the tax table that was enforced in 2001? If so, where can I find past year tax tables?

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You would use the tax table that was in effect for the tax year being prepared (2001). The tax tables can be found in the instructions for the tax forms. Click here for a list of Form 1040 and prior year instructions.

For CA state individual income tax, please click here for a list of past years information.

Best regards,
JKCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you