How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of Kansas and work as a travel agent. I

Resolved Question:

I live in the state of Kansas and work as a travel agent. I am looking to incorporate my business in the state of Kansas. I need to keep my business income totally separate from my personal income. Is there any information that would link my personal income to the income of the Corporation?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


As you undoubtedly know a corporation is a person created by law and is, accordingly, a distinct entity from you. However, there are ways to determine who is the owner of a corporation. There are bank records that can be subpoenaed, Secretary of State records which can be accessed, and, if you elect S Corporation status the K-1 to you can be accessed via a court order to provide the corporations records. In a privately held corporation none of these is easy to access but it can be done. Outside of W-2 forms and K-1s there is no readily apparent link between you and the entity.


If I can assist further, please feel free to ask.

CGCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions