How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29651
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i got an abn and done some work cleaning. but i dont know

Resolved Question:

hi i got an abn and done some work cleaning. but i dont know what to do once i have been paid. i have been paid for 4 jobs now i think and i think its time i do something. how much trouble am i in?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.


Hi, I will do my best to address your concern. Did you do cleaning for private persons or for businesses?


I assume that was not regular jobs, but self-employed activities. If you worked for businesses - you shoudl receive a reporting form 1099-misc if they paid you at least $600. You need to use schedule C - to report all your income on the line 1 . You wil also report your related expenses - please see lines 8-27 for the list of expenses.


You will calculate your gross income from your cleaning activity on the line 7.


That amount will be included into your income and reported on the tax return line 12 -

In additional - if your gross income is more than $400 - it might be a subject of self-employment taxes. Please use the schedule SE to calculate your self-employment taxes - - generally - it would be 15.3% of your gross business income. Half of your self-employment taxes will be used as a credit on the form 1040 line 27, and total amount will be added to your tax liability - line 56.

id="JA_chatMessage_2" class="JA_chatMessage JA_persAActive">

Depending on your other income - you also might be eligible for Making work pay credit - line 63

and Earned Income Credit - line 64a


Let me know if you ned any help or clarification. I will do my best to make these things clear for you.


Sorry - I just noticed that you are asking about Australia taxes, not US taxes...


I will opt out - so other experts may better serve you. Sorry for confusion.

JACUSTOMER-kfqgu1h4- :

ok no worries

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you