Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a massage therapist and want to find out if preventative

Customer Question
therapy for myself can be...
I am a massage therapist and want to find out if preventative therapy for myself can be counted as an expense. For example, in order for me to continue to do excellent work, I pay for my own weekly massages. Can these funds be considered self care expenses?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Tax
1/2/2011
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 7 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

OK, this can be a difficult area. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "self-care" expenses; are you thinking of a medical expense deduction?

Stephen E. Grizey :

I would think that you'd be better off claiming these expenses as business expenses...........are you self-employed?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you there?

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert