How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I file married filing seperate if my husband has no SS

Resolved Question:

Do I file married filing seperate if my husband has no SS #?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


You can file as married joint or marries separate but he will need to apply for either a Social Security # (US citizen) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) (non-citizen). These numbers will be required on your tax return with either filing status.


He can apply on line or at any Social Security office.(

CGCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you