How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29577
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I work in Turkey for one year and make 160,800 in that year

Customer Question

If I work in Turkey for one year and make 160,800 in that year how much will I have to pay in Turkish Taxes?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:


Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.

An individual in Turkey is liable for tax on his income as an employee and on income as a self-employed person. In the case of an individual who answers the test of a "permanent resident", the tax will be calculated on his or her income earned in Turkey and overseas. A foreign resident who is employed in Turkey pays tax only on his or her

income in Turkey.

To be considered Turkish resident, residence of over 6 months in Turkey during any calendar tax year must be established. A foreigner who spends less than a continuous period of six months in Turkey during a calendar year and whose customary home is not in Turkey or who, although staying for more than six months, has come to Turkey for a specific and temporary assignment (e.g. businessman, expert, press or radio, TV correspondent) is regarded as non-resident and is taxed only on his income from employment in Turkey.


If you worked in Turkey as an employee and your income is only from wages - you are not obligated to file an annual tax return.

Your employer should withhold all required taxes. Your employer should also make additional contributions to social security and to unemployment fund on your behalf.

Here are individual progressive tax rates for 2010:

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" align="center">15% up to 8,80020%8,801-22,00027%22,001-50,00035%above 50,000

Employees pay to social security 14% of the salary and additional 1% to unemployment fund. Your employer's contribution to social security is 19.5% of the salary (up to the limit) and additional 2% to unemployment fund.


Thus income of 160,800 in 2010 would be taxed in Turkey as

income tax 50300

social security 22512

unemployment 3216


You may read more about tax system in Turkey -

and here -