How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jacy Your Own Question
Jacy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Nine years individual income tax preparation and consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jacy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person makes a early withdrawal from a regular IRA are

Customer Question

If a person makes a early withdrawal from a regular IRA are the capital gains taxed at long-term capital gain rates if the investment has been held a year in the IRA.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jacy replied 6 years ago.



Withdrawals from an IRA account are taxed at ordinary income tax rates. The income inside the IRA account from interest, dividends and capital gains is not reported or taxed.


Thank you for your question,



Related Tax Questions